Some Great and Creative Gift Ideas

We all like to celebrate during the holiday season. The problem with this is that there is a great deal of stress that comes with the Christmas season. For example, you have to attend and make plans for parties and you also have to contend with gift giving. If you are unaware if the other person is planning on giving you a gift, then gift giving can get tricky. I used to avoid buying gifts for people that I did not receive things from so as not to embarrass them. Then I decided that this was silly. I want to experience the joy of giving by looking for creative gift ideas for my friends and family.
It seems that some people are easier to buy gifts for than others. There are many times that I found something that I know a friend or family member could use or would enjoy having when I am out shopping. However, there are people on the shopping list that could not appreciate the creative gift ideas I come up with no matter how hard I try. Usually, these are the people that I feel obligated to get a gift for rather than people I enjoying giving to.
To be honest, my father-in-law falls into that category. I have spent hours looking for the perfect gift for him for father's day, birthdays and Christmas for several years. The problem is that he would find something wrong with the gift no matter what creative gift ideas I would come up with. Finally, I told my husband that it was not worth the time or effort to try to come up with something special for him.
My husband suggested that we started giving him things that he used all the time because my father-in-law is a very practical man. As a result, we gave him certificates for car washes, gift cards to his favorite grocery store and gift certificates for fills of gasoline. He actually appreciated the gestures even if these were not the most creative gift ideas.
I noticed that I now shop quite differently for gift giving occasions. At this point in time, I think strictly of the person and how they react to gifts instead of focusing on coming up with creative gift ideas. I will put forth the effort if it is a person that appreciates the time and efforts that go into creative gift ideas. However, I will go the more practical route in my gift giving if the gift is for a person that is not really appreciative. This way I will not have the frustration or hurt feelings of putting effort into gift giving that is not appreciated and the recipient will be able to make use of the gift.
More article about Gift

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/415442

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home - About - Order - Testimonial
Copyright © 2010 Gift Idea All Rights Reserved.